Monday, September 7, 2009

Bye Bye Peaks Island!

Last Wednesday I woke up on Peaks Island, got on a boat, said goodbye to my parents, and headed back to Colorado.

I had a really great time being back home and finally getting some real time to relax for the first time in four years. The first few days I was back I wandered around the house not sure of what my purpose was there. But, then I took the trip to New Jersey and slept in the back of a mini-van. After that I lost track of first the hours and then the days.

And, next thing I knew, it was Wednesday and time for me to leave.

So, now that I am back in Boulder, back in my condo and studio, I am suffering the same problem I had when I first stepped foot in Maine. What am I supposed to be doing here? There are a ton of projects I have lined up but nothing that needs my immediate attention so I've been slowly getting back into the swing of things.

First, I cleaned the house. Then I unpacked. And, then, the final step, I think, that will put me back into a creative mood...

Writing this blog.

Sorry I've been away for so long and the posts have been sporadic. But, I was on vacation and all. I hope some of the photos of where I've been and the people I've seen have made up for the fact that no art has been showcased in the last few weeks. But, the good news is that, while in Maine, I went through a lot of old work from both high school and college. I took a ton of photos so the From the Vault Fridays should be well stocked for quite a while.

And tomorrow, the art will resume. Until then, here are a few more photos of me and the family, together again for the first time in four years.

No comments: