Saturday, September 12, 2009

Off The Bench

Here is another of the cover illustrations I did for the newest line of Stone Arch Books by Jake Maddox. Once again, this features the original colors I chose so, beware, when buying the books, colors and tones may vary. ha ha.

This is the character who I assumed, when doing the initial character designs, was the "bad boy" of the group. Once I finally read the manuscript I found nothing could be further from the truth. Daniel was simply a boy who was trying to make the first string team and was working hard to do it. I guess that shows you that you can't judge a book by its cover.

Since getting back from vacation I've slowly been getting back into the groove of things with art. Luckily, the itch to start working again has finally kicked in and I'm looking forward to a good week of drawing and inking ahead.

Now, if I could just stop this sunburn I got while driving to New Jersey from peeling off of my arm. Oh, it doesn't hurt at all. It just makes me feel like I'm a walking leper or something. I don't even notice it until I look down at my arm and, "gah!" So, hopefully this runs its course soon too.

No comments: