Saturday, April 3, 2010

Into the Desert

One of the final pieces I need for the OilCan Drive wrap-a-round cover is a desert landscape for the back side.

I've had this piece penciled for while but things kept getting in the way and I couldn't find the time to sit down and ink it. Part of the problem might be that the idea of inking a desert landscape is nowhere near as fun as drawing, inking, and coloring giant bass playing apes or flying air cycles. But, it still needs to get done.

And, I think once I start on it it will go along just fine.

I still need to draw the two air cycles with the band members on them racing through the sky. You can see a quick blue pencil sketch at the top of the desert but I don't think I'll be using those. And, after that is done there will be nothing left to do except put it all together.

But, today I'll be sitting down at the art table and inking a nice desert landscape. I can think of worse ways to spend a day.

No comments: