Monday, August 9, 2010

Still Sick

I'm getting there but, for now, I'm still a bit sick. I can feel it slowly leaving me and it can't leave fast enough. I hate being sick. I always have things I want to do and feeling awful always takes the wind out of my sails. But, I have spent the last handful of days catching up on old episodes of Law and Order and Star Trek: The Next Generation. I wouldn't call it a total waste of time but I definitely haven't been getting anything done.

But, I've been having a great time watching a few friends do their thing over the last week.

My good friend Jeff Lafferty has been busy working away on his self-made stop motion animation project. After taking some time off from the project to get some work done and take care of his newly pregnant wife it seems like the fires have been lit under Jeff and he's really been getting some cool stuff done. He even posted an animation test on YouTube. It looks really cool and I still can't believe he's doing this in a corner of his living room.



Another good friend, Adam Trapani, had his one music show of the year last night at The Rutledge in Nashville, TN. Luckily for me, living in Colorado, the Rutledge features a live streaming webcast of all of their live shows. So, as he played last night I could watch and listen from my the little ball I was curled in on the couch. He's backed off doing music as a living and has gone back to school so seeing him play again made me realize how much I really miss seeing him perform live. It looks like he had a great time and I hope he keeps doing it. He's just too good not to.



So, I'm glad someone out there is getting something done while am laid up. The sick is slowly leaving me so, hopefully this week, I can get back to some of the projects I have lined up. We'll see how it goes.

But, for now, enjoy a few projects from two people I take a lot of inspiration from. Thanks Jeff and Adam. You guys are great!

1 comment:

Manu said...

Sorry to learn you're still sick : ( I hope it'll be soon a bad memory (: o

I'm always amazed when I see the wonders Jeff is able to do with his hands, once again, he made a pearl..... I think if one man deserves the title of artist, it must be Jeff ! :o