Friday, December 17, 2010

From the Vault - Phoenix Coyotes/Arizona State Lottery 2003

The weekend totally got away from me but I'm still setting this up as a post from Friday. Why? Just because I can. And "From the Vault Monday" just doesn't seem to sound quite right.

Here is a piece I did for an advertising agency down in Arizona back in the fall of 2003. It was a joint collaboration between the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team and the Arizona State Lottery.

This was an interesting piece because not only was I asked to draw a hockey team and stadium, but the piece needed to work in such a way that when a child's spinner was placed on top of the piece, three numbers in each section would be visible. The point was to make a piece people could take, spin the spinner, and choose three numbers to play the lottery with. So, figuring the logistics of the numbers out was interesting.

But it all worked out well and I got to do an actual piece of art for an NHL team. Now, if only the Colorado Avalanche would call me and have me do some work for them life would be perfect.

3 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

Wow! thats a great piece, I love the perspective.
Jeff

Sean Tiffany said...

I tried finding the actual printed piece with the little spinner on it but I had no luck. I'll have to dig deeper into the vault next time.

Manu said...

I love the perspective too ! And your management of the space ! It's a great piece :D