Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Holidays

I've spent the better part of the last few days not only trying to get caught up on client work but also trying to get all of my Christmas shopping done as well as trying to get all my holiday cards signed, addressed, and out in the mail.

I thought I had everything on the cards pretty much wrapped up late Sunday night. All I needed was to buy stamps and throw them into the mail. It was a nice night here in Boulder so I strapped a bag full of cards onto my back and rode my bicycle up to the post office. Usually there is a kiosk there where you can weigh and send packages as well as buy stamps. But, when I got there the kiosk was undergoing some kind of service and it said to come back later. Defeated, I rode my bike home.

I went back last night and, thankfully, it was working and I got a lot of cards sent out into the world.

There are still a few stragglers and people I am still waiting for addresses from but getting the cards in the mail was a huge weight off my back.

Now, it's back to the drawing board to tackle the newest kids book. No rest for the weary, not even during a holiday.

No comments: