Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hit Somebody! Part 2

I can't believe I had to go all the way back to October to figure out when I originally penciled this piece. Between waiting for approval to ink it, being so sick this last month, and trying to catch up on client work it wasn't until yesterday that I had a chance to sit down and ink this piece.

And, I was really itching to get to it. Honestly, at one point about three or four weeks ago, I was just going to ink the piece before I had the client's approval just because I liked it so much. I thought, even if there are changes, I could always make them later, after I inked it. But, I thought better of it and let it sit until I got approval. And then I got approval with no changes. So, maybe I should have just inked it in the first place and got ahead a bit. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20.

One of the things I've been having problems with lately is that either I got a bad batch of bristol board or maybe my humidifier is affecting the paper I draw and ink on. On more than a few pieces I inked this week the paper really didn't take the ink that well and it led to really rough and chewed up looking lines that took me a while to make look right. It felt like the pencils just dug into the paper when I was drawing and left a really beat up surface on which I had to ink. But, not these super hero pieces. They were so great and so perfect to ink over it just went really fast.

Plus, I think I end up inking so many sports pieces with all kinds of clothes and gear on each character that I forgot how easy it is to simply ink a figure who is pure super hero anatomical muscle. It was really fun to get this piece going and was a blast to finish.

So much so that I took a few photos while I was in the middle of the process.

Now it's on to scanning the piece into the the computer and laying down some color. That is my plan for the day.

On to the color!

No comments: