Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope the year has started out well for all of you.

Only a few hours into the new year and I'm already sick and not feeling well. It's been a week of working and being sick and doing holiday stuff all at once. I'm trying to treat it like being a machine and just doing my best to get the work done but I fear the machine needs a rest.

So, late last night, when I couldn't sleep, I started watching the HBO 24/7 series, Penguins/Capitals: Road to the Winter Classic. It was really great and I was immediately drawn into this great record of two great hockey teams and the struggles they have gone through to get to the big outdoor winter game, being played later today.

I have one more episode of the series to watch before the puck drops in the next hour. It's really a great show and even if you're not a hockey fan, it's really a beautiful show to watch. Seeing hockey shot this way, in hi-def HD and slow motion cinema style, really makes the game play look amazing. And seeing the behind the scenes lives of the players is really an interesting look into the men who play this game. I am really loving it.

So much so that I thought a good way to start off the year would be with a hockey player of my own in the new January Header.

OK, I am off to lay on the couch, watch some TV, and get ready for the big hockey game tonight.

Enjoy your new year everyone!

No comments: