Monday, January 10, 2011

Maybe Next Life - Part 2

One of the things I did last week in the midst of trying to work on a few client's art projects was to have Amber come over and finally do her singing parts for her song, Maybe Next Life. If you need to refresh your memory as to how this all came about you can read the previous blog post about it HERE.

Amber came over last Tuesday to work on her song. I tried to show her how to play the song on guitar and even went so far as to print her out the lyrics, chords, and even diagrams of the chords to help her. She didn't seem too interested and wanted to get right on to the singing. So, with Monika's help, she and Amber sang the song while I played accompanying guitar.

It took a while but we finally got a few decent takes and I messed around mixing them for a bit before sending her home with a demo CD in her pocket. It seems like she was happy because, that night, she had already posted the song on her MySpace music site.

Below is an embedded player from MySpace but, if it isn't working, you can go directly to the site HERE.

Personally, I still like my version better.

Have a good one.


No comments: