Thursday, May 12, 2011

Exit 6 Front Cover

As promised yesterday, here is the completely colored front cover for the Exit 6 collected book.

I went back and forth a bit between adding a full moon in the background and leaving it out. I like the idea of the full moon behind the background characters but nothing I painted in there ever felt right so, finally, I left it out. But, I reserve the right to put it back in there if I feel like it. So, we'll see what happens.

Overall I'm really happy with the way this cover came out. It was fun to revisit characters I hadn't seen in years and put a new spin on the way they look with ten more years of art experience under my belt. And it really made me miss doing the story of Keith and Courtney. So it was good to work on them again, even if it was only for a little bit.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

rob! said...

Really nice--the layout, the coloring, and I like how the bground characters are darker than the foreground ones. Can't wait to see it with all the text!