Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Henry OilCan Drive Doodle

Here is the pencil sketch for the new doodle of Henry, the bass playing gorilla from OilCan Drive.

Since I've already done a Ryan and a Vincent piece from what I am calling the "OilCan Drive Doodle Series" I figured Henry and Nicole had to be done next.

The idea behind these pieces is to just sit at the drawing table and draw. No sketches or thumbnails or pre-planning of the piece at all other than a vague idea in my head. I do so much client work that needs to be well thought out and approved that the simple act of sitting at the table and just drawing again feels very freeing.

Plus it gives me something fun to blog about and to use as new headers for the blog once they're done.

So, Henry is getting there, Ryan and Vince are done, it looks like only Nicole remains.

Now I just need to start thinking about what kind of poses I can put her in.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Manu said...

Whatever the reasons, the lack of preparation or objective behind the doing, it's a great piece of Henry ! He's very handsome ! I like this beautiful foreshortening pretty much ! :D

Sean Tiffany said...

Thanks, Manu. Now I just need to start thinking up some sexy pose for Nicole. She should be fun.

But, for now, it's time to ink and color Henry!