Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Working On It

I knew that the annual Free Comic Book Day was coming up this Saturday. But, what I didn't realize was that it's the tenth anniversary of the event. The first OilCan Drive book I created I did for that first Free Comic Book Day. So, for the tenth anniversary I wanted to do something.

Of course, I didn't have much time.

So, I pulled out the last OilCan Drive book I was working on and I've spent the last week trying to get it all finished. It's really not nearly as much work as I thought. I had to write some new text pieces and do an interview with the band (which was odd) but I was amazed at how much work was done that I simply abandoned.

I don't know what's wrong with me that I can do that much work and get so close to having something done and simply quit right before I cross the finish line. But, thanks to Free Comic Book Day I will have a new OilCan Drive book done and ready to go by Saturday.

And, if all goes well and the printing gets done and looks good, I just may have a few books I can sell here on the site.

But, first things first, getting the book done!

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

Cool, so are you going to be at Time Warp on Saturday? I want to get my copy
Jeff

Sean Tiffany said...

Not sure if I will be there myself but the books will be there. I wasn't actually invited to have a seat but I emailed Wayne and asked him if I could drop some books by. So, they will be there. I'm not sure how many there will be or how fast they will go but I will save one for you and be selling the book on the website soon after.

I've got you covered, Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Was the FCBD cover different from the copy I have that has $2.50 in the bottom right corner

Sean Tiffany said...

If the comic you're talking about is the one I put up on May 6ths From The Vault that was the only cover I did for it. I'm glad someone out there still has a copy of that thing!