Friday, July 15, 2011

From The Vault - Exit 6 #1 Alternate Cover 1996

As I move further along in the writing of the Exit 6 Collected book I thought it would be cool to feature some of the never before seen art that will fill its pages.

This piece, done in 1996, was the original cover for Exit 6 #1. You can see, at the time, I was still planning to publish under the Lost Cause Graphics header that Craig Patrick came up with. But, once we found out someone else had already taken that name and Craig bowed out of self publishing, I went ahead with my own Plastic Spoon Press imprint.

I still like this piece and I think I used it in the giveaway ash can sampler I gave away to promote the first issue of Exit 6. I'll have to go back and take a look at that. I'm finding my memory is a bit rusty in places as I visit these older pieces.

As far as the writing of the Exit 6 Collected book goes, I am close to the end of what happened to the book and it's getting hard to write in places. But, I think it's good. I think confronting your past and coming to terms with it is never a bad thing and, once I get all of this out of the way, I'll have an interesting book to show for it. Plus, it will be nice to have all that art and part of my life under one cover.

It's getting there.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: