Friday, September 30, 2011

Kodiak Hockey Logo - First Pass

My friend liked the front-on view of the bear logo I did in yesterdays thumbnails. Because he wanted it more graphic than illustrative or cartoony, and because all of a sudden he had a tight deadline, I decided to simply draw over my thumbnail in the computer.

Using mostly the oval marquee tool in Photoshop I started building the curves that made up the bear's face and added detail and double stroked lines here and there. I only built up the left side of the bear's face since I was going for perfect symmetry. Once I got the design and level of detail I liked I copied the left side, flopped it, and had a perfect mirror image of the bear.

But, when I put it all together he seemed a little thin to me so I messed with him a bit and widened the whole piece out. I like the wider version of the logo but we'll have to see what my friend thinks.

And, it's not just him I need to make happy. I have a whole hockey team of guys who I'm sure are going to throw in a few changes here and there. We'll have to see what happens from here.

Have a great day.

No comments: