Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kodiak Hockey Logo

I was recently asked by a friend of mine who plays in a hockey league in Olympia, WA if I'd design a new logo for his teams new jerseys. It seems, when the team started playing in that league, one of the guys picked up a ton of jerseys off of Ebay for cheap. The jerseys had a bear on the front of them and instead of griping about it the team simply became the Kodiaks.

But now with new members joining and those old jerseys being a bit worn out my friend thought it was time for some new jerseys. And because he knows me and knows I love hockey he asked me if I wouldn't mind helping him out with the design.

After looking at his current logo I sketched out these thumbnail ideas to see what he thought. We both agreed on the idea of the head-on bear growling so now it's time to get going on a more finished illustration and see where things go.

And, if all goes well, I'll be sporting a new Kodiak jersey myself in Boulder, CO while my friend does all the real work skating, getting roughed up, and trying to score goals in Olympia, WA. Seems like a good trade to me.

Have a great day!

No comments: