Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Need a Hero! Part 8, Finished!

Well, those of you who chose the fourth Chase Cooper version yesterday as the one that was used were dead on right. Give yourself a prize!

Although, I never thought of the reason Manu gave as to why the logo I designed wasn't used. Manu apparently thinks of things that never even enter my mind. The reason I was given that my logo wasn't used was that it looked like it could easily be confused with an "E" and didn't read enough like a "C". Manu apparently thought it had something to do with the way the dark red background of the "C" looked a little too much like a phallic symbol. Believe me, I wish I was smart enough to be that subversive. I'm just not. ha ha

But, here is the finished version of the illustration and the book that it was used on. Ann Wachtler was kind enough to send me a copy of the book along with a great "Thank You" card last week. The book is now on my pile of things I need to read when I find some free time.

You can find a copy of "Super Power of the Day" HERE and, if you'd like, you can read all about the design of the book and how Ann is marketing the book on her own blog HERE.

It was a fun job and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few books bring.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the Chase Cooper Convention shots on Ann's page it is not surprising the simple design won out.

I would never have noticed the old family jewels on #2 and #3 without you pointing them out. I guess I missed out on the subversive gene as well.

Sean Tiffany said...

I didn't notice them either until someone pointed them out in an email to me. I'm not sure which is worse, being consciously subversive or being subversive and not even knowing it? :)