Monday, January 16, 2012

The Judge, Live and in Color!

The inked illustrations of the Judge have been scanned into the computer and the coloring in Photoshop has begun!

I always tend to paint on top of a light green background instead of a plain white one. I find the green is a bit easier on the eyes and I don't fatigue as quickly. It also helps to see any colors that go outside the lines. I've found, on a white background, I can sometimes miss a few errant brush strokes but with the green it never seems to be a problem.

And yes, for those keeping track out there, I still use Photoshop 6.0 to do all of my color work. To some who are on Adobe's Creative Suite 5 or 6 (which includes Photoshop...what...16?) this must seem like I am banging sticks on a rock back in the Stone Age. But, after reading around the web I've found I'm not alone. I've read a few artists who are still stuck on 7.0 and I think I read somewhere that even Adam Hughes still uses either 4.0 or 5.0. So, I guess I am in good company.

For me, if the tool works, why change it?

Have a great day.

No comments: