Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Last in Line

Alright, this is probably the closest I've cut it since I joined the 365 Club but I am getting this in before midnight so I'm still safe. I feel like the kid in "How to Eat Fried Worms" when he forgets to eat a worm one day, wakes up from his sleep, runs over to his adversary's house, screams at the top of his lungs, and then eats a raw worm.

This is almost exactly like that.

I spent most of the day working on this piece and a few others trying to get them all finished and wrapped up for tomorrow morning. I did all the shading on the figures and then built a background behind them. The piece turned out really big and the final working size was about twenty five inches wide. I shrunk it all down a bit so it would be easier on the client but, wow, I had no idea it would be so big.

I guess that's what I get for drawing most of the characters on separate pages and putting them all together in the line digitally. But, it's all done and everything worked out well.

And now, like the kid who ate the worm, I can sleep soundly tonight, knowing I made all of my deadlines. Phew.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For an Avs fan you seemed to catch the nuance of being a Canuck fan quite well.

Sean Tiffany said...

Hey, man, hockey is hockey! Although, even if I moved to Vancouver I'm not sure I could be a Canucks fan until I lived there for more than ten years.

And, I did my best on the jerseys even though I wasn't allowed to use actual team logos or anything for legal reasons. But, that you know they are Canucks fans means it's a job well done!

Thanks!