Friday, January 13, 2012

Penciling the Judge, Revisions

The pencil sketches for the Judge illustrations were sent out to my client and a few revisions came back that were simple enough to take care of. This is why we work in pencil first, kids. It makes doing little changes that much easier and it does help for the client to see what the piece looks like at different stages so they can make sure it's what they really want.

On the first piece, the one where the Judge is yelling through his bull horn, I was asked if I could make him yelling so loudly that his legs were raised up in the air as if he was jumping. Simple enough. I was also asked to make him holding the megaphone by a handle on the bottom. No problem.

On the second piece, where the Judge is being taken away in a straight jacket, I was asked to have the orderly look back at him with a skeptical/puzzled look.

And, on the last piece, where the Judge is spray painting a wall, I was simply asked to make him look a bit more mischievous. By moving his eyebrows just a bit I was able to achieve that with no trouble at all.

Luckily, the other two looked good and no changes had to be made at all.

So, now it's on to inking and coloring. He's getting there...he's not there yet...but he's getting there.

Have a great day!




1 comment: