Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So Long Lisa CD Cover

After a few go rounds with the musicians in So Long Lisa it looks like the CD to their debut EP album "Seven Signs You're A Superhero" is done and ready to go to press. Once the album is out I'll be sure to put a link up here to where you can find it.

The art itself wasn't that bad to produce but when it came time to fit all the information that the band wanted onto the CD sleeve something had to give. Originally the lyrics to each song were to be put on the interior sleeve but, with how many words there were and how intricate the background behind those words would be, I feared the type would be so small and cluttered that it would be unreadable.

So we compromised and I simply but the band member's names on the interior sleeve and we called the cover done.

And yes, lest you forgot, that is a room in my house posing as the background for the Irish band. One friend who came over during the holidays mentioned that I look like I live in a house designed by a fourteen year old filled with a big TV, movies, art, posters on the wall, and all sorts of musical gear at every turn.

I've decided to take that as a compliment.

Have a great day!






2 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

It looks great, I love the way it came out finished!
Jeff

Sean Tiffany said...

Thanks, Jeff! And, this blog article was just picked up by the ISpot for use in their own blog.

http://www.theispot.com/whatsnew/2012/1/sean-tiffany-seven-signs-you-re-a-superhero.htm

I guess they like it when I do art for people across the ocean. It's very cosmopolitan!