Saturday, January 21, 2012

Storyboards

I woke up feeling a bit sick and worn out this morning so I thought it might be best to bring out some old pieces and give everyone a look.

I did these storyboard panels a few months ago for a client in New York City. As usual, the deadline on these was really tight (I was given maybe 30-36 hours to get the whole job complete) but I still wanted to do as good a job as possible.

What I love about doing storyboards like this is that the time is so limited you really have no chance to second guess yourself and you just sit down and draw as fast as you can. I was given the descriptions of these images late on Thursday night and the client needed them done by first thing Saturday morning.

So, I started drawing and inking as fast as I could.

Here are a few photographs of the storyboards from my art table. Some of the panels have pieces here and there that I would later mess around with digitally to make completed images before I sent them off.

And, of course, the black and white images weren't the only things due on Saturday morning. I also had to color each storyboard as well. But, I'll find some of those images and maybe put them up tomorrow.

In the end I think I did around 18-19 final images. Everything turned out great and I hit the deadline with time to spare. They needed the finals by Saturday morning and I think I sent the final emails out around 3am my time here in Colorado.

No problem at all.

Have a great day.

No comments: