Monday, January 2, 2012

The Year in Review

At the start of every year I like to go back and reflect on all the blogger headers I created over the past year. It really is a good indication of how the year has gone and what I want to change in the coming year.

For every blog header I make I'd ideally like to use my own personal art and characters I've created. It's just more "mine" that way. But, more often than not, I find myself running out of days in the month and need to put something new on the blog header so I'll grab whatever art I can. Usually this means some client art I've created that I'm pretty proud of.

So, looking back over the year it looks like I didn't do too badly. Nine out of the twelve headers were from personal pieces (even though I didn't have time to color one of them and I did the December Mr. Mucho piece rather quickly.) Five were from OilCan Drive, two were from Exit 6, one was a pin-up piece, and one was Mr. Mucho.

This January, being so busy, I had to use another client piece of art for the header. So that leaves me only eleven more spots to get it right this year. And, if I want to beat last year's record I can only falter once.

So, hang on, it should be an interesting year!












2 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

Cool, I think my favorite is the one with the band.
Jeff

Sean Tiffany said...

I have hopes for more band art this year, myself! I'll do my best to make it happen!