Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Volcano Island! Part 3

My clients looked at the initial pencil sketch I did for the Volcano Island Countdown box and had a few changes. They wanted a lot more jungle detail in the background and wanted the main characters face completely changed.

So, taking the sketch they sent me as to what they thought he should look like, I re-penciled the main character's face and noodled a lot of detail into the background.

Time was running out on the deadline and the next thing they wanted from me was a color rough of the whole piece. Unfortunately, to get to that point, I knew I needed to ink this entire piece. And, because the box would be a big piece of finished art and I drew this image in a larger scale to get more detail into the piece, I had to ink a giant 28"x17" piece over a weekend.

I definitely had my work cut out for me. We'll see how it all looks tomorrow.

Have a great day!

No comments: