Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bit of a Glitch

So the OilCan Drive webcomic site has been up for a few weeks now and everything has been running fine. That is until this week when something strange started happening and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

I uploaded the first issue of the book onto the site and three times a week the site auto-updates and a new comic should show up on the front page. It's worked from the beginning but on Monday I looked at the front page and there was no image, just text. It also said the comments had been turned off. Hoping it was a one-time glitch I let it go but it happened again tonight. Same thing. No image and a message that the comments were off.

The frustrating thing is that when I am logged into the site it works just fine. The front page shows the image like it's supposed to. When I am logged off it just comes up blank.

The new comic pages are being uploaded and you can find them in the archive so I have no idea why they aren't showing up on the front page. I posted a question in the Webcomic forum so hopefully I can get an answer soon.

It always seems like I am trying to fix something or overcome some sort of hurdle as I try to do this. It should be easy but some days it seems like I should be banging my head against a wall.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can get this figured out and fixed soon.

No comments: