Friday, July 27, 2012

Sports Illustrated Kids April

It's been a while since I posted any of the work I've been doing for the monthly Sports Illustrated Kids magazine. Between the wedding and how busy this summer has gotten the SIK illustrations just fell through the cracks along with a whole bunch of other stuff in my life. So I figured it was about time I fixed that.

As always, I do the illustrations for a monthly article called "What's The Call?" where three scenarios are laid out in various sports and it's up to you as the official on the field to make the right call.

April asks the following questions:

1) A quarterback looks to make a quick pass but no receiver is open, so he spikes the ball to stop the clock. The defense recovers the ball. Is this a fumble?

2) In a table tennis game a player goes for a smash. For support the fingertips of his non-swinging hand touch the table. Is this legal?

3) In an ice hockey game, a team removes its goalie near the end of the game. An opposing player gets the puck and sends a slow shot toward the empty goal. A defenseman slides his stick on the ice and deflects the puck before it goes in the goal.

So, you tell me, what's the call?

No comments: