Sunday, July 15, 2012

Thanks to the American Red Cross

Last week I was contacted my a gentleman I met when I was at the Denver Comic Convention. He is the Chief Executive Officer for the American Red Cross Pikes Peak Region. His chapter covers 18 counties of the Southern, Central Mountains, and Southeast Colorado and they have been responsible for the Waldo Canyon Wildfire disaster response. They opened five shelters to help house the 32,000 people evacuated by the fire.

He was looking for a print to be created to thank all of the volunteers who were selflessly giving there time to help the people of their community in their time of need.

I didn't have time to do a completely new illustration but I offered to take one of my existing pieces of art and make a custom print for him to give out.

So, this is what I came up with.

I used an existing OilCan Drive illustration, created a custom background from photos on the Pikes Peak chapter of the American Red Cross Facebook page, and added a few quotes that he and I came up with.

The piece went over well and the prints have been printed. I now need to meet up with him sometime this week so I can sign them all. Then he can get them out to his team and show just a little bit of thanks for what they've all done these past few months.

Thank you to the American Red Cross, the volunteers, and for everyone out there keeping my fair state safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to you for jumping to the forefront when asked.

Sean Tiffany said...

I feel much more comfortable behind an art desk than I do in front of a blazing fire. I do what I can to help but it's barely a fraction of what the real heroes do.