Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sports Illustrated Kids March

 As I sit down to ink a few new sports illustrations today I thought it would be a great time to show off the illustrations I did for the March issue of Sports Illustrated Kids.

These are always so much fun to do and every time I get a new scenario sent to me my mind races with all the ways I can convey the action. Little things like using grayed hold lines on the background characters in the football piece or adding some motion blur to the runners in the track meet piece give me a chance to play a bit and see what I can do.

This issue of Sports Illustrated Kids is on the stands now so if you're a kid, have a kid, or are a kid at heart, pick up a copy and see if you can figure out what is the correct call on the field in my "What's The Call?" article.

Okay, I am off to ink the day away. Have a great one and I'll see you all soon!