Monday, August 25, 2014

Sports Illustrated Kids August

 Geez, August went by quick this year and, looking back at the blog, I didn't get a chance to post too much this month. I haven't even thought about starting a piece for next month's blog header yet and the Lily piece I wanted to get around to painting is still at the same stage as when I last showed it.

I think it's because I've spent so much time over on the OilCan Drive site, getting new pages posted weekly and doing a kind of blog-post-a-week there every Tuesday that this blog has suffered. Plus, it doesn't help that when I look at my stat numbers on both sites that the OCD site is thriving and growing while this one gets barely any hits at all. But, I am sure me not posting anything to it in a month doesn't help.

So, because I am such a schedule oriented guy, it might be a good idea to get this blog on a schedule like I have on the OCD site and pick a few days a week to put posts up no matter what is going on. I figure twice a week, eight times a month, sure beats once or twice a month sporadic posts. So, we'll see how that goes.

But, I definitely didn't want to let August go by without posting this month's Sports Illustrated What's The Call pieces. I really enjoy doing these pieces every month and am always thankful for the great folks at SIK for letting me play in their magazine month in and month out.

I am actually doubling up illustrations for them this month because I am off on a road trip to the east coast next week. It's been a little hectic shuffling things around but it's almost done and I am almost on the road.

Thanks again everyone for sticking with me and enjoying the art. I'll get this blog back on a schedule soon enough and we'll go from there. I hope you all had a great summer and are looking forward to fall as much as I am. See you all soon!


No comments: