Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pencil Sketches

 Here are a few pencil sketches I've been working on for the newest OilCan Drive book.

Over the last few weeks I've been posting the OilCan Drive pages I did for the 24 Hour Comic Book Day Challenge on the OCD web comic site. Not only was it a challenge to participate in the 24 Hour Comic Day but it was a nice benefit to have 26 new pages that I could post on the site to give myself some breathing room to get the next issue started. That trying to do a page a week no matter what really messed me up when things got busy in other parts of my life. So it's nice to have a little space to relax and create again.

I started the newest book with these sketches to get myself warmed up for all the pages to come. I know the head shot of Nicole will be used as the back cover of the book. I'm not sure where the pin-up piece of Nicole with her morning coffee will go but it was an image I had rattling around in my head so I figured it was another nice piece to start with.

Right now I'm about a fifth of the way through penciling the next issue. It's slow going but it's getting there and, with any luck, I'll have both the second and third books in the OilCan Drive adventure done in time for the next Denver Comic Con. Keep your fingers crossed! I sure am.

Have a great day and I'll see you all soon!

No comments: