Friday, February 27, 2015

Ink Wash Lily Monochromatic Painting

 It has been a while since I've touched this piece. In fact, I hadn't touched it since last July! So, I figured, with a little extra time on my hands, that it was about time I fixed that.

I had already done a gray wash on the background of this piece using both brush and the top of one of my ink stoppers to create the "Kirby dots." So this week I tackled the figure and added some gray wash tones to her figure before I lay down a layer of transparent watercolor.

Because I liked the stark grays of this phase I scanned it into the computer and messed around with it a bit in Photoshop. I laid over the original black and white line and added a layer of color over the whole piece. I really like the way it turned into a nice monochromatic painting.

I am tempted to stop here and let the piece stand as is but I know I'd still really like to go back and add some colors onto the piece to see where it will go from here.

Hopefully it won't take me another six months to get to the next phase. I can't make any promises but we'll see how it goes. For now enjoy the piece as it looks and I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: