Monday, February 9, 2015

OilCan Drive Cover - Pencil Sketch

Hello everybody!

Here is the pencil sketch for the newest OilCan Drive cover which should be seeing print this summer and its way to the web around the same time. In the newest book the band finally makes its way into the Wasteland to find Lily and seek their fortune on the west coast.

I definitely wanted to give the cover a "fish out of water" feel as the band makes its way into the unknown. And, because I've been spending almost every one of my Tuesdays for the last few months watching marathon reruns of Beverly Hills 90210, I decided to base my cover off the very first TV Guide ad I found for one of my favorite old shows.

Now, I don't know how many people will pick up on the homage. If you're one of the few people who read my little blog with behind the scenes information on the creation of OilCan Drive you're already way ahead of the curve. So, let's keep it our little secret. It's funnier that way.

Shhhhh....and have a great day!

No comments: