Friday, April 1, 2016

Happy April!

No, it's not an April Fools Day joke! The blog, after a bit of an unintended hiatus, is back up and running again!

After finally finishing up Lou's album and releasing it I went into a bit of a spiral trying to get the third book of OilCan Drive done and posted. I successfully got all of the story pages done and then, probably because a part of my body said, "we are done now...rest!", hit a creative wall when I realized all the other work I had sitting in front of me.

But, things are working themselves out and I can finally feel the creative bug slowly coming back. I hate those periods of feeling low and unproductive but I've been through enough of them now to know that feeling won't last forever. Still, it doesn't make riding the storm out any easier.

OilCan Drive is coming along well and, if things work out the way I've planned, I should have print versions of both the third book done by this summer as well as a big giant fat 220 page collected book of a bunch of my OilCan Drive work ready as well. I am still working on a new album to hopefully be done by this summer so we'll see how that works out. Right now I am just trying to work on stuff every day and see what happens. But, new things are definitely in the works.

One of the pieces I did get done was this illustration for my new friend, Hannah. I had given her a copy of Lou's new album to which she smiled and said, "This is cool...and it's my birthday...so this makes a good birthday gift!"Ack! Knowing how many people really haven't liked Lou's new album made me think it might not be the best birthday gift. So I drew Hannah as an OilCan Drive character and finally got it to her last week. I was nervous but she seemed to really enjoy it. Phew!

Hannah is a great artist in her own right and I can't wait to see where she goes in life. You can check out some of her school assignments HERE. Needless to say I am definitely a fan of what she's doing.

There will be more things to talk about in the coming month while we get caught up but I hope you've all been doing great. I've missed this and I can't wait to get back in the groove again of sharing stuff and having a little bit of an archive of my life.

See you all soon!